Nbt on cryptsy

Perhaps we can wait a day or two? I would expect that arbitrage opportunities should establish a $1.00 peg very quickly even in the absence of liquidity pool support.

Good idea!
We already have exchanges listed there which have no liquidity from Nu (alts.trade, Allcoin, Shapeshift, SouthXchange).
I think this remark is necessary for all of these to make users aware of that and to save them from falling victim to heavy arbitrage by not checking exchange rates.

1 Like

I will post a draft proposal later today, my preferance would be to do the NBT/BTC pair since I am not up to speed on US crypto regulations regarding crypto fiat pairs. I do urge everyone to discuss their preferances and reasoning here in this topic which I will take into account in my proposal.

1 Like

So… what did you decide for? Single custodian or tllp?

Single custodian, with my own funds (I believe in the past there were single custodians using Nubit grants instead of own funds?) to start with. Incase volume is high and more liquidity is required I could add additional funds or change the pool to a tllp.

I think we’re settling on single custodian (dhume) on btc and hoping someone will step up and operate a tllp on the usd pair. It would be fun to show cryptsy customers that Nu can be both centralized and decentralized.

1 Like

Yes. Ktm and jmiller were custodians with NuBits grants I think.

What pool would you change to a trustless liquidity pool?

As I mentioned before, I would also like to see a fourth liquidity pool on that pair. Any volunteers?

@tomjoad, you said you’ve been in contact with them. Is there any way we can ensure that they properly setup Nu on their exchange? Remember the problems we had with CCEDK and not making sure they read our docs and set it up correctly. I just want to avoid any similar problem.

perhaps nu lagoon can operate the usd/nbt pair? i wish

1 Like

[quote=“willy,
What pool would you change to a trustless liquidity pool? [/quote]

The pool I am setting up now, for example say there is a ton of volume on cryptsy and 15000 liquidity is not enough, then we’d need more. I could up my pool to 20k but if that is still not enough I could change the pool to an tllp and fill it with my own funds and external funds to generate additional liquidity.

i have just withdraw NBT from cryptsy. i think they have set the withdraw fee wrong as 0.001 nbt and not 0.01 as it should. unless it is a promotion fee :slight_smile:

Kraken was subject to one 8 hours ago.

I hear increasingly worrisome stories about cryptsy on traders forums. Doesn’t look good.

Do you want to read mine too?
My BTC withdrawal is still pending after 12 hours now!

I hope you receive your BTC!

Are you aware of a withdrawal limit which can only be raised by providing personal information?
I’ve read at reddit that there’s a withdrawal limit that seems to be new.
I don’t know whether that’s only a part of delaying insolvency or due to KYC requirements.
I just wanted to tell you…

It’s about time for B&C Exchange!

The ongoing trouble with centralized exchanges is frustrating.
I really hope that OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to automatically return funds to an address in case things at BCE go pear-shaped is with the current level of funding on the road map.
This would render customers’ funds safe even in case the BCE blockchain would break for whatever reason or reputed signers just disappear.
Only misbehaving, colluding signers would then pose a risk for customers’ funds,which can be considered low due to the reputation mechanism and the collateral signers need to provide.

2 Likes

BTC is hard to withdraw even you are verified level 1 (have name and country) You can ask the help desk to cancel the withdrawal and exchange the coin to something other than btc then withdraw

it seems you know some things about the case.
when you say hard, you mean impossible or it takes a lot of time?
other coins are faster for sure?

Some claimed things went through after some days. Read the bitcointalk and reddit threads.

I changed my btc to ppc after unsuccessful withdrawal but the ppc wallet is being off lline on cryptsy due to recent fork and general slowness on cryptsy’s part. ppc/btc is rising as it seems so i am not too worried.

1 Like

https://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Cryptsy.com
Cryptsy is in pre gox mode I wouldn’t leave coins on that exchange its very risky if you have coins get them out while you can before it gets shutdown once they realize they cant pay users back before their reputation is irreparably damaged if you have BTC you can buy some nsr/nbt on buy side cheaper the nsr/nbt have no issues for withdrawals for now other option are is too buy ltc they take about a 48 hours to a week to get a process done

1 Like