LPC Proposal (14 DEC 2014)

OK, I’ve amended my proposal to include exco.in, and I am now creating an account at that exchange as well. I will PM you once I have my account details, and perhaps we can begin some testing.

Just a heads up : we will need to hold back for a little more for a version of NuBit allowing multiple custodians. Sorry about that. Its good you work your way to election in the meantime, that will give you priority when its available to choose the next market.

Please note: is in your best interest you go around promoting NuBits at other exchanges : that is a fast track slot for your and nubits success

Thanks for the update. I’ve already contacted BTC-e and Bittrex and informed them that I am waiting on standby with “cash” in hand. I directed them to the public resources on NuBits and particularily NuBot. I also offered to answer any questions, but I haven’t heard back yet.

Please let me know when you’re ready for my help with testing the bot!

2 Likes

Learnmore, for btc-e it might help if you follow up and tell them that NuBits is developed and maintained by veteran Peercoin community members. They already have a relationship with us through supporting both Peercoin and Primecoin on their exchange and we wish to expand that relationship further. They may be more interested in adding support if they knew that NuBits comes from the same development team.

1 Like

This is what I sent them as follow-up:

NuBits is a cryptocurrency that was created to address volatility by pegging to the USD. The peg is maintained by specially designed trading bots across multiple exchanges.

The innovation in NuBits is the separation of “network value” from the unit price of NuBits. Speculation on the growth of the Nu network is facilitated through the trading of NuShares. Holders of NuShares provide transaction verification for NuBits and also vote on the money supply and interest rate available to NuBits.

There is no reason to speculate on the future value of NuBits because multiple forces are concurrently acting to maintain the USD peg. NuBits was released on September 23, 2014 and has maintained its goal of 1:1 NBT/USD equivalence since that time despite average daily trading volume of ~400k USD.

NuBits was the creation of professional software developers who gathered within the Peercoin community and continue to actively support Peercoin as a fundamental long-term store of value.

The trading bots which work to maintain the USD peg are funded by elected Liquidity Custodians who make a public commitment to maintain buy/sell walls. I am being elected as Custodian and have promised to provide 20k USD value in BTC for sale against NBT. If you will incorporate the BTC/NBT pair these funds will be immediately deposited in your exchange and begin trading against anyone wishing to sell their NuBits for $1 in BTC.

The instructions and calls in NuBits are based on Bitcoin and Peercoin core architecture and can therefore be technically integrated into the exchange in a similar fashion. While I am not personally a NuBits developer, they are easily accessible through http://NuBits.com. I will do my best to answer any questions you have, but I will likely have to direct you to others for specific technical details.

Thanks again for your interest. I really hope you will take the time to study the NuBits whitepaper and understand that it is a true innovation in a very crowded copycat cryptocurrency space.

5 Likes

Anytime, contact me via PM! I suggest start reading the readme and getting a grasp of parameters and setting up test accounts here and there

The feedback I’m getting is that exchanges are hesitant to support a closed-source currency. I’ve tried to explain that the matter is under the control of Nu shareholders and that a motion to open source is already being drafted. I’ve also explained the unique position of NuBits and how the dynamics of maintaining the peg are particularly vulnerable to interference from clones in this very early stage.

… unfortunately Bittrex, at least, is making this a show-stopper.

voted

Hi @learnmore. I am now voting for your proposal. With most proposals I tend to scan the first post and wait for a voting address to be provided, so I had missed it up until this point. You might consider editing your original submission with the details provided here: LPC Proposal (14 DEC 2014) for greater visibility.

OK, done. Thanks for the suggestion. Votes are finally coming in!

voted!

I voted,and tell some shareholders vote

I second that proposal

The grant passed in block 150138 - what an exciting Christmas gift! Thanks for your support. I’m working on rebuilding my BTC following the dive in value. In the meantime I plan to start working with @desrever on setting up the bots.

Any update on the operations? The grant passed more than 1 month ago and the operations have not started yet.
Tks.

Thanks for asking. The NuBot is still not ready to support dual custodians on the same pair. @henry was elected before me and took poloniex. @teek is looking into Allcoin. I’m preparing for the next uncovered exchange. Unfortunately I didn’t play the BTC volatility very well and I’ve even sadly missed the recent upswing. I’m bringing in new funds to get back to 20k USD value as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Tks for your update.
According to this, you have gotten one slot among the 4 custodians that will get a 1m NSR bonus.
Or do you imply that someone took your slot?

1 Like

My operation is scheduled to stop tomorrow on exco.in . I will cover it a few extra days. If you want or you think you can be ready, I can help you set it up.

I will begin transferring BTC to exco.in tomorrow. I can start a partially funded trial run and then ramp up to full value as my remaining funds become available over the next week.

Please post or PM your NuBot settings and then let me know when you are ready for me to try to bring it online.

I am still expecting the 1m NSR bonus, but I have a question about the conditions. Does @JordanLee agree that the $20k value should be equally divided between buy and sell side (e.g. ~40BTC / 10000 NBT)? My original impression was that the entire value was to be in buy side only, but you have pointed out that new exchanges like exco.in need NBT liquidity as well. @henry has divided his funds equally. Please let me know if this is the proper way to adhere to the terms of the bonus. Thanks!

Ok. Exco.in will be publicly available in 0.1.5, which needs to pass our QA. I can make a non-official build for you, probably the day after tomorrow.

I can reply for Jordan here, and the answer is yes. Starting with a balanced liquidity is desirable. And don’t worry, it will soon be unbalanced :slight_smile: