</p>
<p>
<code>
=##=##=##=##=##=## Motion hash ends with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=
</code>
</p>
</motionhash>

Is there new lines or not?

I’m going to have to admit being really dense here, and I’m going to blame lack of sleep and trying to do too much at once. I had no idea you were posting the base64 of the actual source text to produce to the hashes :smile:. I’m not sure what I was thinking. Thank you so much for figuring that out. @Mark please send me a NBT address when you get a chance.

I’ve updated the NuLawsPrep repo. If we can just figure out these last two we’re golden!

Thank you @CoinGame but I’m doing this for fun.

“Motion to Make the Nu Source Code Available” in motions.json meets twice.

Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.

I also added a quick little python script that goes through and verifies that the decoded b64 hash matches up with the expected hash.

Sorry @CoinGame but I had to be more carefull when read through motions.json
Actually everything was correct. Just first “Motion to Make the Nu Source Code Available” must be “Motion to end LPC operations of KTm, Jamie and NSR sales of Jordan”.

Fixed it. Should have looked closer myself.

I’m going to abuse my admin powers here and sticky this thread in the hopes that we can get some exposure and assistance from community members in solving the final two puzzles here.

We need to find the source text that produces the hashes for the two motions linked above. I will provide a bounty of 10 NBT for each motion puzzle cracked. Provide the b64 encoded string that produces the source text which in turn will produce the correct hash and the bounty is yours.

I want this solved too. I’m adding 10 US-NBT per motion to the bounty.

I imagine a brute-forcing script where one can specify points at which it should try inserting whitespace characters and newlines (after stripping all of them). What else could have been lost on the way? Probably good to have it include/skip parts like “Motion hash starts with this line” and such.

Variables that could impact the source text:

Anything else to add to the list that could help more people try different variations? These are obviously environmental differences, but should be considered while testing stuff.

Bounty is up to 40 NBT total. 20 per hash.

I’m doubling my bounty offer.

30 NBT available per b64 string that produces the hash. 60 NBT total up for grabs.

Maybe temporarily put it in the thread title as well, in case anybody not reading the thread will know about the bounty.

1 Like

Good idea - done!

1 Like

It seems like these last two will be puzzles that won’t be cracked. I suppose we should move forward.

1 Like

Was reading the article below and thought it would be nice to apply such an architecture to NuLaw. The blockchain layer with the grant and motions which are tied in a irrefutable way to the database layer which holds the motions and grants itself. Anyone up to it?

Excerpt below, full article here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-pillars-3-layers-enterprise-blockchain-solution-design-strajnar

Excerpt article enterprise blockchain design by Fran Stanjer:
For ease of explanation let’s take a (limited) look at a real business case we are currently exploring with some banks;
Bank-Feeds on the Blockchain:

Diagram

In this design, the application layer is where the Bank, Intuit & 3rd Party sit up top and would be the interface to connect these parties and their systems into the layers below.
The diagram above further illustrates how network participants interact with the data at each layer:

• Bank writes an encrypted data record for Customer[c] to the Private Data Store.
  • Bank broadcasts a transaction under Customer[c]’s address to the Blockchain with a pointer to the data record.
  • Third-party [Intuit] was monitoring for transactions under Customer[c]’s address and reads the pointer.
  • Third-party[Intuit] initiates a key exchange with the Bank to retrieve a shared secret for the data record.
  • Third-party[Intuit] uses the shared secret to decrypt the data record and can now read the transactional data from the Private Data Store.

— end of excerpt —

The database can be maintained under the NuLaw App/header (the bank in the diagram) and the third party (Intuit in the diagram) can be the Blockchain App tying motions and custodial grants to the database. Ideally the database will be held decentralised itself. That would be a whole new level of eGov!

1 Like

I’ve had to delay working on this for a bit, but i’ll check out the links when I get a chance! I still think NuLaws is really important to get into production. Especially once we get NuBits.com open sourced.

EB125 – Florian Glatz: Defining A Legal Framework For Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAO)

Nice episode

any update?

No recent updates. I had an idea to restructure how the validation script is approached. Though the implementation is a bit outside my technical ability, but I was working on educating myself to resolve it.

Included with the NuLaws repo would be a script that parses the blockchain directly to see if motions in NuLaws had passed. Allowing someone to assure they are using a valid NuLaw book simply by having just the blockchain and NuLaw repo. It would even notify if the NuLaw repo a user validated was incomplete by showing what hashes were not contained within the repo, but had passed on the blockchain.

I think there’s a lot of elegance and simplicity if we can have NuLaws self validate by running the validation script on any machine with the blockchain. I’m a bit too wrapped with with Nu/B&C development to get where I need to be in putting that together.

In any case my NuLawPrep repo has all of the existing motions organized into a full JSON object which is really easy to work with going forward. When I have the time to take the next steps I would like to build this kind of validation script to live with the NuLaw book.

4 Likes