Help us test Nubits v2.1.0

I see that the 32b uses the half memory of 64b.
I think this is the case with all the wallets out there!
What is the benefit of running 64b versions?

Blockchain has synched and I got 8 connections to the network. Closed the client and restored my old wallets containing NSH and NBT. Restarted the client and got this:

A fatal error occurred. Nu can no longer continue safely and will quit.

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : canā€™t open database file walletB.dat, error -30974
nu in Runaway exception

I deleted the NBT wallet assuming the client would generate a new, empty one when re-started. The same error occurred.

is this a linux machine?

Yes, 32-bit Ubuntu

What is your local language?

Do you mean English?

Yes but it turns out this may be a different issue.

Thereā€™s a lot of bitcoin issues from the past referencing this error. Trying to look into it a bit more.

What is the process you used to backup your wallet files?

My most recent backup was done without using the client. I did this because 2.0.3 was not working. I do have earlier wallets backed up using earlier versions of Nu, circa summer 2015.

Like you just copy/pasted the files? From my search this appears to be corrupted wallet files. If you have some older backups I was suggest trying them.

Donā€™t delete any wallet files!!! Even keep the bad ones and rename them to like walletB.date.corrupt

OK my wallet backup from September 2015 got Nu 2.1 running.

After entering the passphrase to unlock for block minting only, the unlocked padlock icon in the lower right-hand corner and Settings check mark indicate it is minting as usual. Both the NSH and NBT windows, however, are presenting a banner that says:

Info: Minting suspended due to locked Nushares wallet.

Were you on the NuShares screen or the NuBits screen when you did the unlock? You need to be on the NuShares screen. Actions will be performed on the wallet of the unit youā€™re looking at.

Nu wonā€™t let me unlock from the NBT windowā€¦that function is disabled there. I can only unlock from the NSH window, same as the previous Nu versions.

Sorry, I misread a portion of what you wrote. Iā€™m not able to reproduce this for some reason. Iā€™ll keep trying. In the mean time can you try restarting the client and unlocking it again?

On debian 8 i cannot connect to any nodes through Tor. I was able to on debian 7. Proxy settings are 127.0.0.1:9050 socks5. I can see in my tor connection manager it trying to connect through various circuits but it says connecting and then fails and tries another, its been trying for over an hour now without one successful connection.

edt: tried socks4 too, no difference.

try port 9150

Nope, same thing. Tor is trying to make the connections, the only thing i can make of this is that nodes are rejecting the connections, my client is still reindexing blocks though would that have something to do with it?

Re-starting the client cleared the `minting suspendedā€™ message in both the NBT and NSR windows.

Iā€™ve been monitoring resource usage with the Linux top command. While the memory demands have declined compared to Nu 2.0.3, I occasionally see Nu 2.1 consume 100% or more of the CPU, which I believe coincides with the data feed retrieval. Canā€™t recall seeing that before.

I confirm this also in windows!

v2.1 is not connecting through TOR as mentioned here:

Previous version (v2.0.3) is ok, Iā€™ve tested it myself.

Please check it out.

1 Like