As discussed in this topic: [Discussion] Mitigating BTC volatility risk of T4 funds, hedging in USD
Here’s my draft for a T4 fund hedge in USD called Nusafe. Let me know what you think.
Updated draft to change fee into a static fee, See recent comments for a poll to vote how much you feel should be hedged.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Draft xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To overcome the risk of our complete reserve (designated to protect the peg) being in BTC and therefore being exposed to BTC volatility. Shareholder @Dhume proposes to hold X amount (to be voted on) of funds currently in BTC to be held as USD on an exchange of his choosing, this operation is to be known as Nusafe. The purpose of this is to create part of our T4 reserve to be value stable and exempt from BTC volatility. In order to do this, part of the T4 BTC funds worth xxxxx USD at the moment of exchange are transferred to @Dhume which he in turn will sell within 24 hours (as fast as possible but sending BTC to an exchange takes time) for USD and hold on his exchange account for Nu.
In order to protect Nu from malicious intent or mismanagement/misuse of these funds at @Dhume puts up collateral worth 100>% of the hedged funds. @Dhume will report an update about the perceived value of his collateral every week. This to alert Nu in a timely matter incase underlying collateral assets see a devaluation that endangers the 100%> collateral requisite. This collateral is to be untouched unless @Dhume fails to returns part or all of the xxxxxx USD in BTC (at the moment of exchange) in which case Nu has the liberty to use the collateral to reimburse Nu shareholders for any lost value. This also holds true in case an exchange default occurs causing @Dhume to lose all or part of the USD he is holding. In short @Dhume takes upon him the exchange default risk.
As a member of FLOT @Dhume has already committed to a 36 hour response time and he shall adhere to the same time frame for Nusafe as well. This motion is to remain valid indefinitely and can only be cancelled by @Dhume after 3 months of operation. This means at @Dhume promises to continue this service for at least 3 months and extend his commitment for more 3 month timeframes unless he notifies Nu at the end of every 3 months operation period. Contrary Nu can cancel this commitment at any time they see fit by shareholder motion. Besides shareholder motion @Dhume will use the funds incase all other T4 funds are depleted and the peg is in danger to refill FLOT T4 reserves. He will coordinate such action with FLOT and publicly announce and account if this action is ever to be taken.
Therefore @Dhume is not to take any other action with the funds besides keep them safe and return them to Nu as decreed by shareholder motion or an emergency depletion of T4 funds.
For collateral @Dhume is required to put up 100>% of the hedged amount in USD. For this @Dhume proposes to put up 10.000 BKS (valued at the open market between 6-7+ USD a piece at the time of this proposal) which current value is estimated to be 60.000-70.000 USD as collateral. This collateral is to be held in a FLOT multisig address which @Dhume will not be a part of.
Additionally @Dhume will burn 2 million NSR (currently valued at around 8-10k USD), to increase the total collateral amount to an estimated 68-80k USD). This NSR is to be returned to @Dhume by means of creating 2M new NSR (or the equivalent number after the NSR number chop) when Nusafe operation has seized.
For this service @Dhume will charge a 500 NBT fee per month, totaling 1500 Nubits per 3 month service period. Next to the Nubit fee, is a monthly NSR bonus of 30.000 NSR per month (or the equivalent number after the NSR number chop) totaling 90.000 NSR per operating period.
@Dhume will take payment after every 3 month operation period by requesting a grant to be passed at the end of the operation period. He will also use this grant topic to report anything he deems relevant to know for Nushareholders regarding Nusafe and to state whether he will commit to another 3 month period. The amount of additionally gained NSR will be granted upon successfully ceasing Nusafe upon which Nu is to grant the 2M NSR + the cumulative bonus NSR (30k per month). The fee is to compensate @Dhume for the loss of access to his funds + the exchange risk which he takes upon himself. Thus shielding Nu shareholders of any risk having USD reserves on an exchange would normally hold.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx End of Draft xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx