[Discussion] Contract to create web interface code that one can use to sell/buy Nubits with fiat online

Just bumping it to prevent it from being buried too deep. It’s important after all…

2 Likes

This proposal has gained a lot of support. The only thing preventing me from hashing it are the cost and that there is no manager. I don’t think I have teh time to be the manager although I can help.

@creon @woolly_sammoth @CoinGame @Ben @desrever do you have comment of an approriate cost? The current $1500 cost is for someone who already has done similar works…

What do people suggest to move forward about manager if no one steps forward?

Let the developerbe the manager and encourage frequent communication by giving performance-related fee?

Lower the requirement for the manager and I might accept to do it?

Any other ?

2 Likes

This would have been a great investment a year ago, but today I don’t see where those $1500 should come from.

Also I think the amount is not sufficient, and compared to previous expenses of Nu this would be only a fraction of what you paid for the alix platform while this here involves many security related efforts (digital money has to be stored safely at least temporarily).

But in the end I agree that the users of those services with the interest of integrating cryptocurrencies into their business should be the focus group, and these interfaces are important for that.

2 Likes

I have already started work on a site which can buy/sell NBT (or other coins) using OKPay, Perfect Money and Payza. It is basic at the moment as it is more of a proof of concept and is looking at the amount of work needed to get something up and working. I’m happy to say that it is very little effort to set up the selling of NBT through such a site. Buying NBT needs API integration with the services and requires a touch more work but nothing that scary or difficult. Styling the site to look decent is another block of work but I prefer to get the functionality and workflows sorted before doing anything towards that.
I have done this work as part of the Burn API service that has been discussed elsewhere. I think the two functions sit nicely together, providing a way to purchase tokens that can then be used for verification else where.
After proving the e-money gateway idea to myself, I moved on to developing a back-end api which can generate BIP32 HD NBT wallets with split private keys (full private key is never loaded into a wallet or stored on disk. he two halves are stored on different servers), parse the block chain, notify of transactions and generate signed transactions. This back-end has taken the bulk of the time since I started work on this a couple of weeks ago.
I expect the back-end to be finished to an acceptable level in the next day or so. I then want to work on a minimal burn api to test the concept. Once that is finished I will complete the e-money -> NBT gateway and put the site(s) live for testing.
under the current climate, I think the bounty is better spent elsewhere (or not created in the first place). I have some ideas from how to drive enough profit from the services to pay for the hosting without impacting on end users so will attempt to use that to fund the services.

I would have started this work much sooner that now but my free time in the last 9/10/11? months has been taken up with supporting/developing ALP software and the associated work around supporting the pools; a role which I wouldn’t have chosen for myself but needed to step up to at the time.

6 Likes

@woolly_sammoth has already laid down the ground work for such an application which is open source. It’s a two app Django project. One app is to allow users to purchase NuBits with fiat using several gateways. The second app is a proof-of-burn API.

If anyone has any experience with Django or Python i’m sure your pull requests would be appreciated. There’s a gitter chatroom to coordinate as well.

4 Likes

There are still over 25 BTC on 3HikFkS2Zinab1TJq7dqp6wSPyLu7i7bhe.
This is the result from my efforts convincing FLOT not to send funds to NuLagoon and to the gateways instead, that were back then operating at an increased buy side offset - and I bet it’s one of the reasons to attract @JordanLee’s hate.

I withdrew 20 BTC from that gateway:

There’s a bit more BTC left in that gateway account, currently on the order book at a rate of approximately $0.10. If the order gets filled, the debts are reduced in a bargain buy.

:thumbsup:
If you need funding, ask for BTC.
There are BTC left - thanks to FLOT and me.

2 Likes

I think a good use of some of those BTC will be to fund the off ramp and allow the gateway to buy NBT for whatever the going rate is. Need to get the thing operational first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is great. Thank you. Do you plan to follow the requirements in OP?
I should have kept pushing this forward a year ago. Distributed fiat gateways can serve as a reserve free from risk of btc volatility.

1 Like

The requirements on the OP describe the workflow pretty much spot on. It’s the flow that fits with thhe tools provided by the Payment Processors that I’ve dealt with so far. As @CoinGame said, this is being developed as a Django App which will mean that other Django websites can just drop it in and gain the functionality on that site too.
I hope to have something viewable fairly soon. Just need to get the ground work sorted so that it is is 1) secure and 2) scalable

6 Likes