[BKS PASSED] Motion to stop sale of BKS

I would have preferred seeing some mention of a final burn date, and more precise language in the motion. Something like:

This motion confirms BlockShareholders’ desire to cease the sale of undistributed BKS. At 23:59 UTC on the 5th day after this motion passes no new buy offers will be accepted by B&C Exchange. For purposes of accounting, this time will be defined as the time a message is received by B&C Exchange, not when the message was sent. At 23:59 UTC on the 7th day after this motion passes all undistributed BKS that have not been requested for purchase will be burned. At 23:59 UTC on the 14th day after this motion passes all undistributed BKS will be burned, including those that had been reserved for purchase.

Is it possible to update it? I will be voting for your motion either way after reading the debate and discussion above.

As I have trouble with the motion hash I can very well adjust that. Let me check…

edit: I find the suggestions you made very helpful.
I made this the new text of the motion and amended the last sentence by a condition which I find necessary.

Are you familiar with hashing motions? The assistant doesn’t like me :wink:

PM him

motion hash [motion]: Hash a motion into the preferred format.

I tried to.
Pasting the reply here and trying to verify it didn’t work…

click the link at the end of the message (the .txt file) and copy all of it

paste here

profit

1 Like

Thank you, @willy! Let’s see how this worked. Meanwhile I’ve found this link, but I needed to struggle first :wink:

@assistant verify

Hi @masterOfDisaster

Here are the verification results of all the motion and custodian hashes I could find in this thread:

I found the following hashes:
1 Motion | 0 Custodial

motion hash
Original Hash : f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352
Calculated Hash : f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352
The hash is good.

May the voting for or against f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352 begin!

2 Likes

To check on the success of this motion, in your wallet go to ‘help’ > ‘debug window’ > ‘console’ tab. Type this into the command line:

getmotions

This motion should be the third motion listed. It gives two percentages, one is based on blocks and the other on sharedays. Both must be >50% for it to pass (though Nu will be changing this to just the block percentage criteria later if I recall correctly, which B&C will most likely adopt).

Message service should be provided to B&C, so that the vote motion broadcast to everyone. And this message still can be a revenue for B&C by charging fee and stop spam attack.

As the rules for a motion to pass are not enforced by protocol this motion doesn’t depend on the Nu 2.0 source code from which it was forked.

The rule for Nu motions once required indeed more than 50% blocks AND share days destroyed in a rolling window of 10,000 blocks for a motion to pass.
The motion to change that (to only blocks being considered) is from December last year; are share days still relevant?

It’s not stated explicitly in the BCE design (at least I haven’t found it), but I would have expected that BCE started with the most recent version of consensus rules of Nu:
over 50% blocks in a rolling window of 10,000 blocks containing the hash of a motion for the motion to pass

The rolling window is 10,000 with 5,001 votes passing. That’s why 1 vote = 0.01%

Right. Thank you!
When I’m on my mobile phone I’m often too lazy to research details :wink:
I remembered that a motion could pass in as little as roughly 3.5 days if a vast majority were voting for it.
That would be the 5,001 of 10,000 blocks then.
I adjusted my post accordingly.

Excuse my ignorance, but can someone please point me to what to do to get my shares in the wallet. I do have an empty wallet just moved it from pointing to test to production and connecting to 4 or more peers. And are the additional shares already distributed to the rightful owners? This may or may not influence the voting.

Have some difficulties synchronising (stuck at 13075), maybe that is the issue? Can someone please advise the correct block height while we are at it?

Only having access to the bcexchanged at the moment, I can only tell you how to do that there:

bcexchanged importnusharewallet <NuShares wallet file> [walletpassword] [rescan=true]

The same should be possible from the debug console of the bcexchange-qt client:

importnusharewallet <NuShares wallet file> [walletpassword] [rescan=true]

The BKS wallet needs to be unlocked for that. If your NSR wallet password contains blanks, you have to wrap it into “”.
If you have trouble, have a look here and the following posts: [Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

My understanding is that BKS have been distributed to NSR holders AND those who bought them from BCE.
So all who have a stake in this DAC so far are able to vote.

Current block height: 50998

Connected peers:

bcexchanged getpeerinfo | grep addr | sed 's/"addr" : "//' | sed 's/:2239",//'
1 Like

Those who have bcexchanged running on Linux (maybe on a RaspberryPi) and want to continuously log the progress of this motion, might be interested in a tiny script I made.
~/bin/getmotion.sh gets execute each time a block is found and logs motion information into a file.

bcexchanged -daemon -blocknotify=~/bin/getmotion.sh

<getmotion.sh>
#!/bin/bash
hash="f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352"
pathToLog=~/bin/
startLine=`bcexchanged getmotions | grep $hash -n`
arrStLn=(${startLine//:/ })

offset=5
head=$((${arrStLn[0]}-1+$offset))

blockHeight=`bcexchanged getinfo | grep blocks`
arrBH=(${blockHeight//:/ })
#echo ${arrBH[1]}

echo "status at block height: "${arrBH[1]} >> $pathToLog$hash.log
bcexchanged getmotions | head -n $head  | tail -n $offset >> $pathToLog$hash.log
</getmotion.sh>

I’m aware that a blockexplorer will soon be available for the BCE blockchain. But this script is able to log more than just the current situation - it logs the status per block and allows to see the progress :wink:

If BCE really sells additional 50k BKS at ~$4 each, there will be additional $200k funding, I guess spending it on developing additional features for the intial release will push the release date by quite a few months. I am a believer of releasing early and releasing often in software development. I’d like to see the bear minimum or even a proof-of-concept prototype running, say, in the next month.

3 Likes

For those on linux who don’t know how to set vote, type this

cd ~/.bcexchange
./bcexchanged setvote '{"motions" : ["f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352"]}'

this assumes you at this moment are not voting for any custodians, parkrates, and fees.

Typing getmotions 51641 100 shows that the motion has received votes in 62 of the past 100 blocks, along with over 57% of the share days destroyed. This motion is well on its way to passing if the voting patterns hold.

1 Like