Welcome, newcomer! Ask questions here

During operation of blockchain download on my new mandatory NuBits wallet, this suddenly appears. Nothing was done to shut it down and windows was open and operating as usual. This just happend all of a sudden.

A box appeared reading…

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

After closing the first box a New box opened saying…

nu.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Hi. I’m new and have some comments/questions.

1. Looking at blockexplorer.nu it says the latest block is from three days ago (Sep 24 2015). Has nubits died? Or forked and blockexplorer.nu is on the wrong fork?

2. A different block explorer (the one shapeshift links to) is this one: https://explorer.coinpayments.net/index.php?chain=17 But it seems to be on the wrong fork as of about a month ago. I found discussion of this hard fork on the forum. Has someone contacted coinpayments.net and/or shapeshift about it?

3. I have managed to get the nubits wallet running on Tails (through a socks proxy), but syncing the blockchain isn’t working. I’ve run it overnight once and then a few times for several hours, but it hasn’t even gotten to block 100,000. Based on my estimates at the speeds I’m seeing it would take over 100 days to sync up. I’m not going to run it constantly for 100 days. Any idea why it’s so slow? Bitcoin-QT over Tor works fine for me.

4. I’m technically capable enough of using createrawtransaction, signrawtransaction and sendrawtransaction, so I don’t actually need the whole blockchain to use nubits. In principle. In practice I created a transaction, signed it and sent it, but it hasn’t been confirmed – as far as I can tell without access to a block explorer with current blocks. Is there something like blockchain.info/sendtx to push txs onto the network without using the client? If there isn’t, then if someone gives me their nubits address I’d be willing to create and sign txs that include a 0.50 fee to their address. Then I could just post the signed raw tx as hex here and you could push it onto the network and get your fee.

Any answers and/or help would be appreciated.

2 Likes
  1. The block explorer is frozen. We’ve got tech support on it.
  2. We hard forked around that time, so I’m guessing they never updated to Nu 2.0
  3. The Nu wallet is a pig. Nu 2.1 will reduce the resource usage a lot, we hope. 100 days sounds like a long ass time though (mine usually take something like overnight) so you might have something else wrong.
  4. Intense. Here’s a webwallet: https://nubits.mintr.org/
    I think I know how to use the sendrawtransaction rpc command if you need me to.
1 Like

opened a new ticket with cp support

EDIT :

@Nagalim they say they are up do date with client :\

Hi Desrever, We are already running 2.0.1 version, thank you for updating us tho. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I’m still trying to send my transaction. Now that blockexplorer.nu is working again it seems clear the original tx (with 0.01 NBT miner fee) wasn’t relayed. I made a new one today with a 0.25 NBT miner fee. I did sendrawtransaction, but I don’t think it’s being relayed either. Here’s the raw hex of the signed tx:

0100000073ef0a5601383f516bf04234cc81f88ce39941052e9ef550dc257f939d2ece851e4304fba4010000008b4830450220781ae935efcf9332f721e5f7ebfbe931dc7d2de0a2287a010f104832943f466902210096adcf0580dcd4fa08fa2ce29d4eeaef435caf436ee428684bdc240a67a705ac0141046327cd8ea127652e38e0b20d0849c1f16e555b0fb6138a954b27f090dc8882866014501b00e3217c2a84f06e2d033d4f1567323aeecccf454a5616fa48c3394fffffffff01fbf61c00000000001976a9140f40f83dd2cff9eb7a83379f458c4dd3d2c1a0f788ac0000000042

If some miner wants the 0.25 NBT, they can just put it in the block. If someone with a working node wants to help me out, please send the tx for me. If you see some reason why the tx shouldn’t be relayed, please tell me. Thanks.

413b64cd080e82bdca20461dcfcbd5c2d86237a2b5d7716393d19cd29b8f4c37

http://blockexplorer.nu/transactions/413b64cd080e82bdca20461dcfcbd5c2d86237a2b5d7716393d19cd29b8f4c37

Did work flawlessly here with sendrawtransaction.

Edit: Btw, this isn’t a “miner fee.” Those coins are destroyed, nobody gets them.

I think one can say that the Nu network kind of gets them :wink:

Yes, but the process is far more complex then bitcoin’s “find a block get the fees” system.
Sure, Nu profits from destroyed fees, but I would still argue Nu “getting” those would be the right term. It implies that this would be some kind of direct correlation, when it’s moreover indirect.

1 Like

Thanks! Also, thanks for letting me know that “fees” get burned. I’m still learning.

1 Like

just read the the white paper and i get some but there is a lot of “head scratchers” in there.Will take time for me to get up to speed and be able to contribute to the community.I do find the Nu “system” intriguing though

This needs to be updated, but it’ll get you farther than the white paper
https://docs.nubits.com/history/

1 Like

Great guys here thanks

still trying to get my heads round everything and hopefully in months to come can contribute to the nu network in some way.
In times of low liquidity can Nu shares be “created” to sell and buy nubits to boost the liquidity,and would they be sold on an exchange or offered to nubit holders first?

if i ask too many questions just tell me to shut up

Yes. Creating NuShares to sell, in order to then purchase and burn NuBits, is referred to as “Tier 6” liquidity. It is the last line of defense against NBT losing their peg and is unlikely to be used very often. Tier 6 liquidity allows shareholders to destroy an excess supply of circulating NBT by inflating the supply of NSR.

Source: Finalized evolution of liquidity operations

Tier 6 NSR were privately sold through a BitMessage address during the one occasion that Tier 6 was used. This is because selling NuShares on a public exchange may introduce some risks of being accused of offering securities. In the future, we have a group called the First Liquidity Operations Team (FLOT) that will be deciding how and when to use Tier 6 liquidity, which hopefully is not a common occurrence.

Learning how the NuBits system works can take time. It is considerably more complex than Bitcoin and other cryptoassets. We’re happy to answer questions here.

1 Like

Two last questions and laugh if you feel them stupid lol
1.Could nubits be terrmed in any way as a contract of difference
2.I asked earlier why Peercoin? the reply was we needed a coin outside the nu system as a dividend.As nubits and Peercoin have the same main Dev could this be construed a conflict of interest?

I wouldn’t categorize them that way, no. NuBits are not a direct financial derivative of NuShares, unlike the relationship between BitUSD and BitShares. NuBits are digital assets that are issued by NuShareholders, where shareholders attempt to maintain a $1.00 price peg as long as possible.

For reference, the FAQ: https://nubits.com/about/faqs#why-are-nushare-dividends-paid-in-peercoin

To answer your question, no, there is no conflict of interest. NuShareholders chose Peercoin as the cryptoasset to distribute dividends in because it is more sustainable than Bitcoin. NuShareholders can vote by motion to use a different external cryptoasset if they wish. Nu and Peercoin are entirely different networks, even though some developers choose to contribute to both projects.

1 Like

Nu was founded by Jordan Lee. The proof-of-stake protocol and Peercoin were developed by Sunny King. Many of us including Jordan originally came from the Peercoin community though.

1 Like

well i say the answers here are very informative and a lot of guys here are really helpful.
Question number 1. still gives me thought though