Edit: Version 4.3 has now been released and will become available on Google Play soon or from here: https://github.com/Cybnate/NuDroid/releases/tag/v4.3
Please see below for the details of this custodian grant proposal. I could not get the assistant to respond to the “custodian hash” command, but I’ve posted the grant details anyway. I will start development before the grant is passed to ensure this important update is released ASAP. As I’ll be starting earlier I’ve changed the delivery from 4 weeks to 2 weeks. I will release the update when I have completed it and the grant has been passed.
Amount: 2,200 NBT
Update: The DNS seeder has been implemented already. The other changes will be released if the grant is passed under version 4.3.
This proposal aims to address some issues with the NuDroid application. Many users have reported problems with connecting to peers and therefore synchronising the blockchain and broadcasting/receiving transactions (https://discuss.nubits.com/t/nudroid-v4-now-available-on-google-play/2436/21). This update would provide a solution to this, but also include other improvements to the reliability and performance.
If this proposal is passed, Matthew Mitchell (MatthewLM) shall develop and deploy the listed changes to NuDroid for 2,200 NBT within 2 weeks after the grant has been passed. 2 weeks is an upper limit, and efforts will be made to release the app sooner than this. The changes will be released as version 4.2 on Google Play. If the update is not released within 2 weeks with all the changes, the entire NBT amount shall be burned.
The two major updates are:
- Use willy’s DNS seeder pending the results of the motion: [Passed] Running Nubits-Seeder on the anton.coinerella.com server This would replace the hardcoded seed nodes with realtime reliable nodes. Assuming that the DNS seed continues to function as intended, the peer discovery will be more reliable. This would remove issues that people have been having with synchronisation and transaction broadcasting.
- Add willy’s trusted server (https://anton.coinerella.com/q/getvalidhashes) as a default trusted server for block validation, which was deployed by this grant: [Passed] Grant for maintaining a NuDroid server This server will be included by default for new installations providing the two servers labelled “Default - Explorer” (original) and “Default - Anton”. For users that update, the app will provide a message when they next start the app asking the user if they would like to add the new server. By having two default servers the application can continue to function if one of them is offline.
Also to be included in this update:
- A fix for styling problems on some devices mentioned here: NuDroid v4 - Now available on Google Play
- Show error when a Shapeshift transaction fails after pressing Send.
- Do not stall the Shapeshift update timer when leaving the application.
- Improved shut-down of the Blockchain service, making certain parts of the app more responsive and fixes an Application Not Responding problem that mostly occurred whilst restoring wallet backups.
- Do not close the app after restoring a wallet whilst inside the app.
- A few rare crash bugs, and a few code improvements.