Binaries for RaspberryPi or other ARM devices?

Sure, but as long as there’s no source code for the Nu client available I can only beg the devs for a compiled nud that runs on ARM platforms :wink:

yes I know, thought maybe there is something useful in the scripts for the devs tho, guess they are already aware :blush: @CoinGame it also has a script for compiling peerunity

This is compiling right now. I don’t know if it will make it all the way. I’m off to bed. We’ll see in the morning.

well this is interesting! I’m actually headed to bed now. for reals.

5 Likes

:grin: very cool. Looking forward to having a play.

Okay sorry for the delay. I wanted to do some testing and make sure this thing doesn’t melt anyones RaPi.

:warning: Still, this is as unofficial as unofficial gets. Although I’ve done some testing with it anyone who uses this should consider themselves a tester as well. Do not run it in an environment that you’re afraid to lose. I don’t want to hear “all my NuShares are gone!!!” tomorrow. You’ve been warned. :warning:

So to sidestep from the super-serious warning I’ll say that i’m not a RaPi device guru. It honestly took me almost 5 hours of fighting that little box to get this working. If you have any issues let me know and i’ll do my best to help. This was built on the latest version of Raspbian with the Nu 4.4 source.

Enjoy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96pmq-lU9NQWF9hOUJyOG1fUkk/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

Yeah! Thank you! I’m going to test it!
…who needs NuShares? :smiley:

Ok, maybe someone has some testnet NuShares for me? I’m going to post an address once I have it on!

holy mother of pi :grapes:

Awesome. Installing now.
I look forward to returning home to a small puddle of silicon! :smile:

Will take some more minutes. Need to downgrade the boost libraries from 1.50 to 1.49…
I’m so excited! :slight_smile:

error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.49.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[edit]
y u upnp supporting?
:slight_smile:
…more updates on RaspFerrariPi
[/edit]

why what?

Looks like you compiled it with UPNP support:

error while loading shared libraries: libminiupnpc.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So installed libminiupnpc but still needed to link

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libminiupnpc.so.5 /usr/lib/libminiupnpc.so.10

because libbminiupnpc.so.10 was not found after installing libminiupnpc - strange.
Now the daemon is running and syncing the block chain.
DOH - need to switch it to testnet…

ahh okay. Thanks for solving that one :smile:

mmhhh… doesn’t work with testnet.
Is there anything else that “testnet=1” required in the nu.conf?
Do I need to add nodes for the testnet?
And my internet IP is not shown in the “getinfo” (0.0.0.0) when running in testnet, but testnet=0 is running fine.
Any idea?

Here’s the getinfo output:

and the nu.conf:

Testnet nodes:

addnode=198.52.200.26
addnode=198.52.199.30
addnode=198.52.217.2
addnode=198.52.200.14
1 Like

Ah yes sorry. As Ben posted you need to add testnet supernodes to the conf. We don’t have them in the client.

Thank you, @Ben!
Now it’s running and syncs the testnet block chain :smile:
Does anybody have some testnet NuShares and wants to have me test something?
If yes, here are testnet addresses:

sT8vHdEDcQqQrgTDwu34DkjF5uHfa7f7E6
sbNVHkMA7vCP5LFNqAcBTgLgyYGPuqhJvL
sPmJGLDfqJTD62n782WNyJB2VSajoi4inE
sSKVoYvaB7ZD7rAgjd1stoLQEcMiDQZACy
sJXFiKrxRyKUhhdERqHsRkdApRPHfi5Kev

I’d create some NuBits addresses as well, but I don’t find the command to switch the walletunit…

nud --unit=B getnewaddress

use --unit=B to switch to NuBits

./nud --unit=B getinfo

Literally popped up as I hit repy. ugh